11+: What you need to know
What you need to know
- The 11+ exams will take place in the Autumn or Spring term of Year 6.
- Pupils will sit exams in English, Mathematics and Science.
- All pupils will sit the same academic level.
- Pupils will be tested on their reading and writing skills in two separate exam papers for English.
- Pupils are expected to show a high level of competence in the Mathematics exam.
- Pupils will sit one Science paper that combines Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Details of what is required for all subjects at Common Entrance is available at www.iseb.co.uk.
What you can do
- You can make a real difference by ensuring your child knows what they will be tested on.
- You can use specialist 11+ Revision Guides to revisit topics covered at school, guaranteeing every topic is thoroughly revised.
- You can use Practice Papers to develop and perfect your child’s exam technique.
- You can use write-in Workbooks which provide solid and rigorous material for children to practice regularly and in short bursts.
- You can download some past exam papers for a true exam paper experience.