Exam day checklist
Before the exam
- Have all your equipment and pens ready the night before the exam
- Make sure you are at your best by getting a good night’s sleep before the exam
- Have a good breakfast in the morning
- Take some water into the exam
- Think positively and keep calm – you’ll be fine!
During the exam
- Make sure you read and understand the instructions and rules.
- Allow some time at the start to read and consider the questions carefully before writing / typing anything.
- Keep an eye on the clock. Work out how much time you need to allocate to each question and try to stick to it.
- Read all questions at least twice. Don’t rush into answering before you have a chance to think about it.
- If a question is particularly hard, move on to the next one. Go back to it if you have time at the end.